Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attachments in Documents Tab not creating History in ACT 2012 Premium

Attachments in Documents Tab not creating History in ACT 2012 Premium

We just upgraded from ACT 2011 Prem to 2012 Premium.  Attachments that are added in the Documents Tab are not in the history tab as well, like they were in ACT 2011.  Is there somewhere I can turn that function back on?  Or did ACT now change that in this version?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Attachments in Documents Tab not creating History in ACT 2012 Premium

Hello Julie,
This was not actually an intended function in 2011 and was resulting in a reported issue, so this was removed (or fixed, depending on your perspective) in 2012.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Attachments in Documents Tab not creating History in ACT 2012 Premium

[ Edited ]

Julie,
I actually need to make a correction to my previous post. A history item with the file attached is still created when you attach a file under the Documents tab, but you just can't see it under History. The only way you can view it to look it up using Universal Search. The issue is that if you delete that history entry, it will also delete the attachment under the Documents tab - this was also the issue in 2011.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.