Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attachments from History Tab stuck at "Reading Document" in Microsoft Word plugin

Attachments from History Tab stuck at "Reading Document" in Microsoft Word plugin

The word plugin works fine when editing templates and uploading them back to Act as invoices and what not.

When an attachment from the history (a .amm file) tries to open, the plugin gets stuck at "Reading Document" with a progress bar at 0%

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Attachments from History Tab stuck at "Reading Document" in Microsoft Word plugin

.amm? The Bolide Movies database app?
If not what app?
Can you open the file by double clicking on it in the Attachments folder from Windows Explorer?
If that works, can you try attaching one manually twice - once as a file and then as a shortcut

Re: Attachments from History Tab stuck at "Reading Document" in Microsoft Word plugin

It is a .doc file. When clicking the atachment on any computer that has the Microsoft Word plugin, it downloads a .amm file that should open with the Act Word integration app.

The file cannot be opened from explorer.

If it is downloaded from a computer that does not have the Act-Word integration app on it, it downloads a .doc, the integration app makes it download a .amm instead.

Why are you doing that?
Act! wouldn't know to open an .amm file and the two integrations might be in conflict

What's the app that uses the amm? How does it work without Act!?

I'm talking about a .doc file. It is uploaded to act's history tab as a .doc file but the integration plugin (that Act insisted on installing to open these and save them directly to the act database)

It is downloaded as a .amm file but it is not a .amm file.  Renaming it to .doc does not fix the problem.

When I click the attachment icon in the history tab the Act Document Converter (part of the word integration plugin) runs automatically but it gets stuck at "Reading Document"

I think that is the fix I'm looking for.

Will test it shortly

Thank you

Great ... I wasn't thinking Web till you insisted it was just the Act! integration ...