03-12-2012 08:59 AM
I am getting an error that claims the attachmet service isnt running. I am the administrator but cannot seem to find where this service resides. I have also found another thread claiming that if I gave "everyone" full control to the folder that would fix the problem; however this has not been succesful for me.
Something changed as I was able to attach files to my contacts. Also the primary attachments are going to be pictures for the customer file. PLEASE Help.
03-14-2012 12:15 PM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
To help isolate the issue:
- Open the ACT! Demo database and attempt to attach a file a contact. Is the same error presented?
- Are you the only user of the database? If not, do others also get the message?
- Does the size or type of the attachment make a difference? Try a small file...
- Does it occur when attaching to the Documents tab, or into a History/Note? Or all?
Provide addtional information about your environment:
- Is the database shared by other users?
- Does the database resident on your workstation or a server?
- What is your computer's operating system?