Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attachment files appearing several times in attachment folder but only once against contact/record

Attachment files appearing several times in attachment folder but only once against contact/record

Hello,

I am using ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367. I have a user that has added an attachment to a contact (from a mail merge using Act Word processor) and when I look at the attachments folder itself, the attachment appears multiple times:

Example

I checked the contact record and the History record only shows a single attachment/entry. Does anyone know why the attachment file is stored many times, and how I can remove these 'invalid' attachments?

Thanks.

Re: Attachment files appearing several times in attachment folder but only once against contact/reco

When mail merging to a group of contacts, it will attach the file to all of the contacts in the mail merge if you've selected the history option to attach.  So if you mail merge 50 contacts, it will attach 50 files.

Re: Attachment files appearing several times in attachment folder but only once against contact/reco

Is it correct that the part of all of the filenames as seen in the picture I inserted states "Ole Gule" who is just one of the contacts. Perhaps it's perdantic but should the filenames not represent the contact name for each of the individual contacts that were mail merged, instead of using just one of them?