Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching links?

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Attaching links?

Hey, Ive got a lot of great info from you guys on here this last week or two. I want everyone to know i really appreciate it. Its really invaluable. Got  quick one for you today. 

In our Act! we have records. To each record there is a corresponding folder on our network. In that folder there are many files. Instead of attaching each individual file to the records, can i just attach a link to the file? So you click it and it bring you to that folder? is there a way to make a shortcut to this folder inside Act!? Or maybe, would have to create a new field in act! and then allow it to be filled with a link to the folder.?

really im just trying to make it faster to find the corresponding folder,  so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!!

Ian

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ianharrington
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Attaching links?

Create a new URL type field. The path to the folder is entered as "File://path to folder" (without the quotes).
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ianharrington
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Create a new URL type field. The path to the folder is entered as "File://path to folder" (without the quotes).
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Tuned Listener

Will you Please Explore how to use URL field.

I have created a custom entity in ACT 12 .I have created this as sub entity in Opportunity . I want one field which can hold

the file path and which can behave as if hyperlink so as to open that file with each record of my custom entity.Entity Records

are shown in datagridview.

Thanks in Advance,

Sonali.