Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching incoming email to contact history

Attaching incoming email to contact history

Using ACT! Premium

ACT is recording emails I send out in Outlook  however not the emails I recieve.  I can quick attach my inbox message to ACT, however, they still don't show up in my ACT history.

How do I get incoming messages in my inbox in Outlook to show up in my ACT contact history?

Re: Attaching incoming email to contact history

You will need ACT! 2009 or ACT! 2010 to automatically attach incoming emails from Outlook.

How To Use Outlook® Rules To Attach E-mails To Contact History In ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) and Newer

I'm running Outlook Express and I want to attach them, but the problem I'm having is that the emails are appearing in my Outlook Express inbox, but not in my ACT! Email program inbox so I have nothing I can attach. And I can't drag and drop into it from Outlook Express. Any ideas? Thanks! 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Outlook Express doesn't have rules to auto attach incomming emails

Have you connected ACT! Email to Outlook Express or did you connect it via Internet Mail directly to the server?

Also, what version of ACT! Premium?

Sorry, I'm set up with Outlook Express for ACT!2009 standard. Not for internet email.
SA

And this leave an unanswered question: That is, "What to do with the mass of emils piling up in the inbox"? Currently, I have a whole bunch of sub-folders, by topic, client, vendor,etc,etc, etc.  The question is alwaysa.....WHERE to save  the incoming message? And wahnat a pain tht runds out to be.  .

The only simple solution I have (so far) is to  merely REPLY to the incoming email, however useless that may sometimes be, then the email is attached to the contact record, at whcih time, I can delete the original incoming email.

Butdoes this represnet  "Best Practices"? Any thoughts??? experiences??  thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

Couldn't you highlight the emails in your Inbox and use Quick Attach to do the job?

Can't remember if this option is available in such an old version of ACT!.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org