Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching an email to an Act contact

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Attaching an email to an Act contact

[ Edited ]
I don't know how to create a new thread on this forum yet, so I'll post my similair problem here.

From Outlook, I was once able to attach an email to an Act contact using the outlook add-in Tab, where there was an Act icon.

Now, there isn't even an add-in tab for all new outlook messages i create. And when i open "sent" messages, though there is an add-in tab, ACT isn't there.

I already made sure that ACT add-in is available in Outlook, but this is behind the scenes. 

thank you,
Falala

{post moved to its own thread and subject line changed}

Message Edited by tashina on 04-05-2008 09:53 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Lithium-Admin (Tuned Listener)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT2008 Outlook Attach Company Sort Order?

All Replies

[ Edited ]
From Outlook, I was once able to attach an email to an Act contact using the outlook add-in Tab, where there was an Act icon.

Now, there isn't even an add-in tab for all new outlook messages i create. And when i open "sent" messages, though there is an add-in tab, ACT isn't there.

I already made sure that ACT add-in is available in Outlook, but this is behind the scenes. 
What version of ACT! (full build from Help | about)?
what version of Outlook?
Have you added the ACT! database as an Outlook address book?

Message Edited by GLComputing on 04-06-2008 12:42 AM
Copper Contributor

My version is ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.1.199  The database is on our server, and I work from a client workstation.

and i'm using outlook 2007

I use Outlook as my email program, not ACT.  But they used to integrate much better.

Have you added the ACT! database as an Outlook address book?
  No, i'm not sure how to do this.  Will this bog down my personal PC with excess data, since my Outlook is on a local machine?

thank you so much!
Solution
Accepted by Lithium-Admin (Tuned Listener)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Copper Contributor

Smiley HappyiT WORKED!  You make it look so easySmiley Happy  Thank you, my life just got so much easier.  I have time to get a manicure now!

DebSpecs wrote:
Smiley HappyiT WORKED!  You make it look so easySmiley Happy  Thank you, my life just got so much easier.  I have time to get a manicure now!

You mean you're not going to shout me one?

Smiley Wink
Copper Contributor

You were so helpful solving my Act/Outlook problem, that I wondered if you knew anything about Peachtree?  There's an accounting link specific for Peachtree that noone at Sage can get to work on my machines.  I heard it's not available in Australia, but I figured I'd check anyway.  Thank you!

DebSpecs wrote:
You were so helpful solving my Act/Outlook problem, that I wondered if you knew anything about Peachtree?  There's an accounting link specific for Peachtree that noone at Sage can get to work on my machines.  I heard it's not available in Australia, but I figured I'd check anyway.  Thank you!

In Australia, the ACT! guyes only have a link to MYOB. You might try the Australian Peachtree guys and see if they are doing anything with the link to ACT!
Copper Contributor

Yes, since you seem to be superior problem solvers, I will contact them.Smiley Happy

Copper Contributor

Hi: I have the same problem, ACT! Premium, Outlook 2007, Windows XP. I followed the instructions in the article you referred to, several times actually. I constantly receive the following message: The ACT! Address Book service is not properly configured, or the configured database "Name.pad" is locked. Do you want to configure it now? Yes or No If I click yes, it takes me to the same window I used to configure it, if no it opens to Outlook. Here is a previous post I made and have not received any replies to yet. Thanks in advance for your help. 

Hi All:
I am running ACT! Premium 2008 Version 10.0.2.191 with Outlook 2007. My system is 2.8 GHz, 2GB RAM running Windows XP Pro. I have gone through the email setup process and restarted both programs. There is no communication between ACT! and Outlook. I am not able to find any toolbar or reference to ACT! in Outlook.
When I start Outlook, I receive a message: ACT! Address Book - The ACT! Address Book service is not properly configured, or the configured database "Name.pad" is locked. Do you want to configure it now? Yes  No
When I click yes, the Address Books window appears. The proper database and machine are listed. If I click edit, the proper database, user name, and passwork are there.
When I leave that window (ACT!) which says: Changes to the ACT! Address Book will not take effect until you restart Outlook.
I click "OK" and close the Address Books window. Then the same message I originally responded to reappears.
When I click that I don't want to configure it now, Outlook opens.
The ACT! Address Book appears in the Account Settings, but does not appear in the Address Books when I try to use it to address a message. There is no evidence of an ACT! toolbar in Outlook, at all. There are no histories being recorded in ACT!
In the Trust Center, the ACT! Outlook Addin is active, but it has an unusual location, only "mscoree.dll. There is no path listed at all, like all the other add-ins. It is listed as a COM Add-in.
I have uninstalled ACT! and reinstalled it. I have removed the Outlook email setup from ACT! and Outlook and set it up again withour success. The only ACT! service I see running or even listed is the ACT! Scheduler.
Where do I go from here. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
David