Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attaching a document in the document tab vs. attaching in the history tab location

Copper Contributor

Attaching a document in the document tab vs. attaching in the history tab location

[ Edited ]
Is there a "Best Way" to add a document. I usually just attach in the history Tab. What is the difference vs.attaching in the document tab. Both seem like they do the same thing. I understand on a short cut vs.the whole file. Just seems like the doc tab serves no real purpose. Any suggestions. If I backup my personal files there is a check box for documents or if I backup the database there is also a check box for the attachments.. Is there any difference? I apologize if this has been posted before. I searched and could not fine. Act 2010 Premium on Windows 7 OS Thanks!
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Attaching a document in the document tab vs. attaching in the history tab location

The Documents tab in ACT! can be useful to segregate documents that you might want to find readily without having to hunt through History tab. Also it can be useful if you frequently email documents to people as you can readily attach to email and send from Documents tab. In our addon for QuickBooks we have an option of saving invoices as pdf documents and email direct from ACT! to the customer.

Sage need to enhance the document management capability for this tab to make it truly useful. Direct scan to here for documents would be a nice feature.     

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Attaching a document in the document tab vs. attaching in the history tab location

Gleo has explained the options well but the ACT designers could also help us here. For the next version of ACT it would make sense to have the option when creating documents via ACT to either save them to history as now or save to the documents tab.

What do you think?

Copper Contributor

I agree!  That would eliminate many mouse clicks needed now to do the same thing.