Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attached File Size showing as 0 kb in document Tab

Highlighted

Attached File Size showing as 0 kb in document Tab

Hi,

We attached some excel files, PDF files under document tab, after a couple of days the attached file size showing as 0 kb and we were not able to open the file also. Please let me know the reason. 

Thanks & Regards,

Saravanan,

Head - Business Development,

ZENSYS,

Level 2, Agnitio Tech Park, 141, Kandanchavadi

Perungudi, OMR, Chennai - 600096, Tamil Nadu, India.

Mobile : +91 9790924330

Landline : +91 44 6602 3254

Skype Id : zensysin

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Attached File Size showing as 0 kb in document Tab

Have you set up remote databases and are you using them? If yes, have you set them up with "non-standard" settings concerning synchronisation of attachments? If yes, you will see this problem.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I Have the same problem. When remote database synchronises with main database the attachment files are converted to 0KB on the main database. This then makes these files useless to any other remote database other than the one it was created.  Do to the size of the attachment folder, I created the remote databases without attachments and then just copied the attachments from the main database to the remote databases. This has worked fine until about two months ago. 

Is there anything I can do on the main database to stop converting the files to 0kb or must I create new databases with the attachments. Am I correct in understanding what your meaning is with standard and non-standard settings is the way I created the remote databases. 

I am using Act! Premium Version 20.0.159.0, Update 9
English (United Kingdom)

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Yes, you need to create new remote databases WITH attachment synchronisation enabled.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de