Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attach mail to history contact as file with attachments

Tuned Listener

Attach mail to history contact as file with attachments

Good evening, my issue 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 3 is installed in win xp media center edition 2002. I can't attach email to history contact as file with attacments as act! 2011. I asked before with other messages but may be that my english is bad, sorry for before and thanks for aswere regard this problem. Hallo.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Attach mail to history contact as file with attachments

Hello Paolo,
Are you using Outlook or ACT! Email as your email client? If ACT! Email, then is it connected to an Outlook account or an Internet Mail account?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Good morning Greig, thank for you answer. I use act email as email client and use an existing internet mail account. Please help me, is important to attach messages to history contact differnt to sender and save massage as file wit attachments. Thank you for answer

Platinum Elite Contributor

It is a reported issue that attaching existing mail to contacts does not function as expected in ACT! Email. This issue is currently under investigation and an update will be posted when more information is available. For now, the workaround is to drag the email from ACT! Email and drop into the History tab of the contact you would like to attach it to.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Thanks for answer and your advices. i save email go out as file and attachments and save mail go in to history contact manually. I hope to do automaticlly early. I wait soon. Bay Greig sorry for my english.

Tuned Listener

detail for attach email send to history contach

[ Edited ]

Now is possible open mail sent, action, attach to contact to attach email sent with attacments. Should make it automatically, but while we wait. Thanks for your advice to attach email that go in to history contact.

Copper Contributor

Re: detail for attach email send to history contach

[ Edited ]

Using ACT2011 Hotfix 4.

Issue still not fixed.

when draging the mail to the history tab - ACT2011 crashes and all sent mails are gone.

Copper Contributor

Re: detail for attach email send to history contach

Act Premium 2011 - SP1 Hotfix 5 does NOT resolve this problem. VERY DISAPPOINTED !