Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assigning contact to a group

Assigning contact to a group

Good Morning,

The version of ACT that my company is using is Premium 2013 - version 15.108.0

We are creating certain groups for various campaigns that we are running. Is there a easy way to import the list of contacts into this group?

Thanks in advanced

TGW

Re: Assigning contact to a group

Hi TGWint,

I would recommend creating dynamic membership groups that when you import will automatically add the contacts into the group.

I have included articles which go into more detail.

How can I group contacts together based off of a specific import from Excel into Act!?

How to Import Contact Data from an Excel®, Comma Delimited (CSV), or Text Delimited (TXT) File into ...

Copper Contributor

Re: Assigning contact to a group

Hi TGWint,

Yes, there is.

First create a lookup for the list of contacts that you wanna add to the group. Then, click on the groups from the left navigation pane and go to the desired group.

Click on Add/Remove Contacts and click on contacts button from the window that appears. On the "select from" drop down, choose current lookup.

All the contacts that you have sorted using the lookup will be listed. Press on ">>" button to add all these contacts to the group. Click on OK once done.

This will add only those looked up contacts to the group. Alternatively, you can also use dynamic members as suggested in the previous answer as well.

Using dynamic member option will add future contacts automatically, based on the chosen criteria.

Let us know if you need anymore assistance.