Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assigning all tasks to another user

Assigning all tasks to another user

I have several calls scheduled for a certain user, however this user is no longer working in the office. His replacement is currently using this old account.

I was wondering how I'd go about assigning all of these tasks to this new user after his new account has been created.

We're running ACT 9.

Thanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Assigning all tasks to another user

There was a workaround for this in ACT! 6.0, but it wouldn't work in 10

The new user can leave them as is and select to view their own and the old user from the filters in the Taks List and Calendar.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Thanks for the quick response. I was considering the same thing earlier but wasn't sure if it was the best solution.

I imagine that if we took this route and started assigning everything to the new account, once the old user's backlog was completed the issue would resolve itself.
Platinum Elite Contributor

To reassign the Contacts, you can use Contacts | Edit Contact Access
Do a Lookup by Record Manager for the old user first
Copper Contributor

I understand that this is only a onetime job..

If you are doing this kind of rescheduling on a more frequent basis (for example, if you are dispatching activities within your organisation as project manager), i would consider using either taslist plus or calender plus from durkin computing.  www.durkincomputing.com
These addons function as an extra shell around / in Act where information is being presented in userdefinable ways, including the possibility to reschedule multiple tasks.

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
aka The Dutch Betatester

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'