Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assigning Opportunities or Companies to a Sales Person

Assigning Opportunities or Companies to a Sales Person

This is probably something very easy, but I am setting up ACT to be able to keep track of "opportunies" and want to be able to assign them one of 5 sales team members.

Can someone point me in the right direction, so I set thisthing up right? Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Assigning Opportunities or Companies to a Sales Person

Hi Mike,

Thank you.

Basically... I have 2 sales people that do NOT use ACT!. I want to keep track as a sales manager. My main issue was how do I give (assign) the various accounts with prospective companies (I set thim up as opportunities with the contact set to the company contact).

So, I set up two "users" on the system, and that may work... Both are not really computer savvy, so having them log in and doing stuff is not ideal, at least for now. The two sales people are almost competitors, so did not want them in the system and be able to see all the info. Am I using the right product?

But I guess I was looking for a way to choose for each account we are working: who the sales person is that gets the commission. Especially if they are not even using ACT!

Advice, suggestions, or help is warmly appreciated.

If you assign each person the appropriate opp. via " Record manager".  Then select "Limited" or "Private" access.  If you choose limited then you can select who else can see the opportunity, such as yourself and maybe his assistant.

Hope this helps...and yes, you picked the right product.

Chuck Billmyer

Software Analyst

Chuck Billmyer
Software Analyst

Yes.. I believe that was the missing piece of the puzzle.. the record manager. Of course, once I chose to just set the users to Team A, and Team B, it was easy to use the record manager to choose the proper team in the opportunity.

Many thanks to you all, and Chuck for that answer.