Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assertion Failed error after creating new profile and changing Exchange Servers

Assertion Failed error after creating new profile and changing Exchange Servers

All,

We are running  ACT! by Sage for Financial Professionals Version 11.1.0.183x201, Hotfix 1

3 Windows 7 Pro machines, 2 Windows XP machines

Outlook 2007

Over the weekend we migrated our email services from an internally hosted Exchange (Exchange 2003 on SBS) to Microsoft Hosted Exchange 365. I don't think this has anything to do with it but just giving you all the facts.

Because we migrated, I had to create a new profile for each user. Once the new profile was setup and email was imported in, all was fine (I could send emails with no problem). I then setup the ACT Add-In and all seemed great until we tried to send an email. On EVERY machine, when you hit send, you immediatly get the Assertion Failed error as seen in the attached image.

If I go into Add-Ins and disable the Act! Outlook Addin, everything works fine.

If I turn it back on, I get the same error.

I've gone into Act and removed the email setup and then set it up again and get the same error.

Any suggestions short of reinstalling ACT on every comptuer?

Thanks in advance!!

assertion failed.jpg 

Re: Assertion Failed error after creating new profile and changing Exchange Servers

I'm still working on this issue BUT, just an FYI ---

I upgraded 2 of the computers (one Windows 7 and one XP) to Office 2010 and then enabled the ACT plugin in Outlook 2010 and NO more errors.

Does that tell us anything?

Thanks!

Re: Assertion Failed error after creating new profile and changing Exchange Servers

Anyone ever come up with a good solution for this?  We are in the middle of migrating from exchange 2010 to 2013.  We have some users working propoerly with the new server, but one recently migrated user getting the same error. 

If anyone knows anything more it would be greatly appreciated! I haven't been able to dig up much information on this error. 

This user is using Outlook 2007. 

Thanks!!outlook_error.png