Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assertion Failed Error ACT! 2009 Prem Corp Ed

Assertion Failed Error ACT! 2009 Prem Corp Ed

I hope someone can help me out with this one. We upgraded to 2009 from 2007 last night. I updated the user installations today and each user gets an "Assertion Failed:......." type error everytime they attempt to send an email from Outlook. This occurs for all five users I installed. Some are Office 2003, some are 2007, most are XP SP3, mine is Vista. It did not matter if the recipient is in the ACT database or not. If the History option is turned off, no error. Strange thing is that if "Ignore" is chosen after receiving the error, the email is sent correctly and, if the contact is in ACT, the history is recorded. This occurs on all of the systems. Each user is a local admin although users use domain accounts to login (the domain account is part of the local administrators.) We did attempt to do this as the local admin though and got the same error. ACT! support has told me that a registry path variable called QPath is not showing up and we have tried adding it. We even tried changing to the sample database to make sure that it was not an issue with the master database. The user accounts in ACT! are Administrators as well.

Any thoughts? I have no idea what to try next.

Re: Assertion Failed Error ACT! 2009 Prem Corp Ed

Hello jcarter,

Could you please private the exact error message?  Are all the computers that have upgraded experiencing the issue?

Unfortunately the error is pretty long....

Is it possbile to insert a screen shot here?

A quick update on this, I start experimenting this morning and found that if I set Outlook up to connect to the Exchange server using POP instead of RPC over HTTPS, these messages are not received. Unfortunately, working this way is not possbile, but this definetly has something to do with the Exchange connection somehow. I presented this to USA.net (our email provider) but was told that they do not support the ACT application and I would have to contact ACT support.

[ Edited ]
You will need to upload the screen shot to your website or a free image host provider, then use the insert image option on the forum or just link the url.
Message Edited by dlunceford on 06-24-2009 02:28 PM

OK, here is the screenshot of what the users see when the History option is set:

ACT ErrorACT Error

http://216.87.86.109/bridgenet/error.gif

To answer your earlier question, this does happen on all the systems. Of course, all of our systems attack to the exchange server the same way.

[ Edited ]

-This is banden with usa.net.  The link you provided wasn't working so just trying to assist where I can.

Message Edited by banden on 06-24-2009 11:03 AM
Message Edited by banden on 06-24-2009 11:43 AM

I've done some further research on my end and this error is definately not being generated by Outlook.

The error is generated when the user has the History option for the ACT plugin set to anything other than "none" when connected to the USA.net Exchange proxy server. If I switch the user to POP there is no error. In either case, simply hitting "ignore" will pass the message out the Exchange server and into the ACT! history. I do not know where the issue lies, but ACT! 2007 did not have an issue with this.

Is anyone able to assist with this error?

Not yet. I am happy to provide ACT! support with a dummy account at USA.net so they can attach Outlook the same way that we do, but I have not heard from anyone since last Thursday.