Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Asking for your recommendation of Blackberry phone choices & versions of ACT!

Asking for your recommendation of Blackberry phone choices & versions of ACT!

I am a new user, and have been playing with an old version of ACT! (6.0) to get ready to jump into this for sales support.  I have a choice between BlackBerry Curve 8520 or BlackBerry Bold 9700.  I'm asking anyone with any experience or overview for your comments and recommendations of either of these devices and also compatible / stable versions of ACT! and any other supporting software to obtain to best results.  Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Asking for your recommendation of Blackberry phone choices & versions of ACT!

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Asking for your recommendation of Blackberry phone choices & versions of ACT!

I just got the Bold and it works great, although i am currently only sync'ing down stream, as i am petrified of screwing with my database if i sync up stream, so will testing that out in the next few weeks.

Thanks

Jason 

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6

I know what you are saying, because I've heard and read that some of the earlier versions of ACT! were pretty unstable, with a lot of user complaints and agony over what sounded like insurmountable problems.  I just printed off the content the ACT! Moderator sent me to further digest handling this and setting it up.  Kindly let me know how it goes with your configuration, because definitely the promise of what this offers if it's working sounds extraordinarily efficient and useful and a major blessing to salesmen on the road.   
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you look at the document I linked above, you'll see that a few of the products are prone to duplicating or losing data when syncing both ways.