Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Are there any problems with act 2011 premium and Office 2003 on terminal services

Tuned Listener

Are there any problems with act 2011 premium and Office 2003 on terminal services

Hi there, i have to install act premium 2011 on MS Server 2008 with terminal services , there will be about 15 users. client have MS office 2003 for server with terminal services and we want to use it ( word,excell , outlook) .  in official reqs for act premium 2011 additional soft there is also ms office 2003 but i want to be sure if i can have any problems with it ? ( i have big problem with act for web and word(cant create docs) and outlook 2007 (cant sync contacts) so i want to be sure that this time there will be no problems) . 

So once again , are there any problems with MS 2003 and ACt 2011 (maybe with terminals ? )

THQ 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Are there any problems with act 2011 premium and Office 2003 on terminal services

For sending emails, should be fine... although, I'd prefer Office 2007

I don't recommend sync'ing contacts/calendar ... it causes way to many issue - especially if Outlook also syncs with something else (eg Exchange or mobile phones)
Tuned Listener

Re: Are there any problems with act 2011 premium and Office 2003 on terminal services

Hai Smiley Happy it occure that this office is something that in license is : "Microsoft Office XP Win32 Open no level" license for 11 users. will it go with act 2011 premium ? 

Tuned Listener

Smiley Happy sorry for my english .

i want to know same thing i ask in first post but now my customer show me exact type of his office license : "Microsoft Office XP Win32 Open no level" and im not sure if that license is normal 2003 office which You have said would work with act 2011 with no problems or is it something else that will not work with act .

Roman<
I believe that "Microsoft Office XP Win32 Open no level" refers to the pricing level. There should be no issue with that type of license and integration with ACT!. Are there any specific issues or error messages you are experiencing?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

at now i do not have any problem couse i ve not installed it yet couse my client is a little bit sceptic remembering still unresolved problems with act for web( in my other post and its goes through sage hotline and still nothing). they buy new terminal server and hardware but dont want to buy new office and i do not want to loose my time to sth that wont work . but as u say that should be no problem so i try .