Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Are there advanced "Default View" options?

Are there advanced "Default View" options?

ACT! Premium Version 16.0

Shared Database

Windows 7

What I am seeking an answer for is whether or not I can select a specific "Dashboard" as my default view when I first log in to ACT! Premium. I know how to set the default setting I just don't understand why I am not able to figure out on my own how to assign a specific dashboard as the default view.

If this is possible please instruct how I can make it happen so my team can have fewer steps to get to the information that they require.

Thank you for your time in this.

~Faith

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Are there advanced "Default View" options?

Hi Faith,

The process, as you are already aware, is a matter of going to Tools>Preferences>Startup>Startup View and set this to Dashboard.

So when your users launch Act! they simply need to click the drop down and select the appropriate dashboard.

1 step to get the the users Dashboard after opening Act! is pretty good.

Unfortunately Act! will always launch the default dashboard when it first starts up.

However It might be worth your while checking out something like:  http://www.toplineresults.com/addons/topline-dash.aspx

I am not sure if this will allow you to also use a default dashboard, but it can't hurt to send a query to the developer.

Cheers,

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Re: Are there advanced "Default View" options?

Thank you for your response Jared, I will look further into the site that you've suggested.

Much appreciation,

~Faith