Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Archiving InActive Prospects

Archiving InActive Prospects

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to archive old/inactive prospects?  Our database is over 9000 people and most of those people are inactive and we can't figure out how to get them archived to a separate database.  We don't want to lose them as we still try to work them and make them active again.  Thanks for any help!
Tara Maus
Client Services
& Graphics Design
Arabians Ltd.
Waco, TX
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: Archiving InActive Prospects

Store inactive contacts in a 2nd database is a bad idea for me.
The simpliest way to easily identify your active and inactive contacts is to create a checkbox (yes/no field) called "Active".

In this way, you can keep all your contacts in one database and easily lookup your active or inactive; or put them in a dynamic group; ...

What are you thinking about that?

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Platinum Elite Contributor

9000 shouldn't be an issue for ACT! 10, so it shouldn't really be necessary

But if you really want them out of your way, look them up - File | Save As - and put them in another db then delete them

ALWAY backup first and check the other database to make sure they're ok before mass-deleting.... unnecessary loss of data from a system glitch or user error is painful

Well, to be honest, I don't think it's a good idea...but I'm just the lowly peon who answers to the High and Mighty Marketing Director...and he wants it done...so he'll get it done.  I guess I can just sort all my contacts by the last contact date?  and then export the ones that he wants gone?  Right?
Tara Maus
Client Services
& Graphics Design
Arabians Ltd.
Waco, TX
Platinum Elite Contributor

That's a great hint...I never realized that was there!  Thanks so much for all the help...I'm still not sure about archiving those contacts...but at least if he wants it done, I now know the best way to get it done.
Tara Maus
Client Services
& Graphics Design
Arabians Ltd.
Waco, TX
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the great help, m4y and GLComputing! Smiley Happy