Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anyone upgraded to Act v16?

Copper Contributor

Anyone upgraded to Act v16?

Has anyone upgraded to Act v16 yet? If so, what do you think so far? I've read the press releases online but they're rather useless for telling what tangible things have changed, and am wondering about the new features.

Silver Contributor

Re: Anyone upgraded to Act v16?

We have and we are starting to Host users on version 16 (Citrix, Sync and Web)..  Have not found any issues yet, and really like the history view and the calculated fields.  Also seems a bit faster.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Hi if you read my post warning v16 about the problems I have had, not being able to update linked contacts in custom fields is the worst for me, DMC assure me Swiftpage know about the problems I have had, and will fix these on an update, if any one else has had the problems I have had I please let me know.
Dave
Copper Contributor

Calculated fields are great - one warning though; if you use a numberic calculation to add number, decimal or currency fields then you need to have a value in ALL fields. If there are any blank fields, the caclulation will produce nothing. 

For me, this meant going through the painstakingly slow process of copying zero to all effected fields for thousands of records... 

...rd

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Dave,

After chasing this with support it's been submitted to development at high priority. They've also created a KB for it here: kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36570. 

I'm sorry we'll have to wait but thanks for being one of the first to point it out.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your help.

Regards
Dave
Vetro Tooling
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dave:  

Very smart - I just figured out why our age field wasn't calculating. Unfortunately, we will just have to wait and hope an update fixed it. In the meantime, filling in every birthdate filed doesn't make sense.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Discussed this issue with needing to have data in the fields subject to the calculation for it to calculate.

Even if you set a default of $0.00 as a field attribute in defining the fields, it does work with new records but not existing ones.

One response was to use Edit | Replace across all the relevant fields for all instances of no data in the field, replacing blank with $0.00.   

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

That's what I had to do in order to get the calculated fields to work. One blank field in the entire database wil cause the calculated field not to work. I've also set the default value for each field effected to 0.

Is anyone as dissapointed with the new ACT! as I am?!

I find the ridicule insulting & would expect so much more from such an egotistical CRM.

The program is slow, it freezes and lags, Icons are dissapearing and/or inverting in colour, my contacts dashboard is not working & the program often causes my PC to blue-screen which it should not do. 

I had to unistall-reinstall protexis just to get the program to register and the software requires SQL to run on each PC running it and yet only relies on the SQL on the server; This results in a slower PC due to the overabundance of software running. 

I am running XP PRo 2002 SP3 & My PC has competent specs.

Also the upgrade took hours to complete where as any other CRM would have taken minutes