Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anybody else having ACT constantly crashing since V22?

Highlighted

Anybody else having ACT constantly crashing since V22?

With V21 everything was ok. But now we have V22 ACT keeps shutting down or crashing with 'out of memory' exceptions - happens regardless of what you are doing. We have a couple of dozen laptops and desktops and it happens on both types of machines....

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Server stack trace:

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)

at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.AsyncInit()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)

at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.FetchKeysAsyncHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)

at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.AsyncInitialFetchComplete(IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Anybody else having ACT constantly crashing since V22?

Yes, I can confirm. For me it happens at startup if I have many programs open at the same time. Never happened with v21. And I have 32GB or RAM...

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
check our latest add-on: Better Last Activity Date Tracking
Highlighted

Hi Gilles, 

It's driving everyone crazy here.... And no one from ACT has any ideas whats causing it! Ran out of things to try....

Ian

Highlighted

So much of our company operations happens in Act that this has us ground to a complete halt. Chrome, Explorer, it doesn't matter. 

I try to only respond with constructive feedback in any forum but this is ridiculous. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Is this only affecting the web client?

Isn't Act a 32-bit application? If so, I am not sure that it takes advantage of more than 3.5GB of memory. Or, is there a trick I missed.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I installed V22 on december 2019 and to date non much has been done to fix the frequent crashing issue of Act!

There is another problem in the "Detail" field of the Call and Meeting activities.
Another one is the html code listed in the invitation mail.
Another one is the spell checking that keeps on calling error for any single word in italian.
And one more is the font in History list.

The version V22 brings us all these problem, some of them discussed in this community. I guess they are all probably related to html code introduced without any test.
Amazing that this discussion started in February 2019 is still open.

So just have to wait for a Swiftpage solution while looking for alternative CRM.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I'm having exactly the same problems as detailed above and, as ACT is core to my business, it is causing me considerable disruption and inconvenience. I'm having to restart ACT around 6 times a day at present because of out of memory crashes. Swiftpage have acknowledged that there is an issue, but issued no announcement or patch so far. Very disillusioned right now.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who have this problem: I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and the problem disappeared.

Not sure if it is an OS issue or the fact that I am starting fresh (although I did the upgrade choosing the option to keep all programs and data, so it is not that fresh :-)) but my problem is gone (for now...).

Thought I'd let you know because I know what a nightmare it is...

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
check our latest add-on: Better Last Activity Date Tracking
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

This is what Act support had to say:

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused. There is a know reported issue GROW - 1082 System out of memory exception in various areas of v22 from the error snaps you shared.  We are sorry that we don't have a known TAT (Turn Around Time) for the known reported issue. Please note that our development team is working on the solution."

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

This was addressed in Patch 4

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024244494?_ga=2.66629486.1503047347.1583747530-846719593.1...

TS - System out of memory exception in various areas of v22