Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anybody else having ACT constantly crashing since V22?

Highlighted

Anybody else having ACT constantly crashing since V22?

With V21 everything was ok. But now we have V22 ACT keeps shutting down or crashing with 'out of memory' exceptions - happens regardless of what you are doing. We have a couple of dozen laptops and desktops and it happens on both types of machines....

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Server stack trace:

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)

at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.AsyncInit()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)

at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.FetchKeysAsyncHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)

at Act.Shared.Collections.DataList`1.AsyncInitialFetchComplete(IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Nickel Contributor

Re: Anybody else having ACT constantly crashing since V22?

Yes, I can confirm. For me it happens at startup if I have many programs open at the same time. Never happened with v21. And I have 32GB or RAM...

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
check our latest add-on: Better Last Activity Date Tracking

Re: Anybody else having ACT constantly crashing since V22?

Hi Gilles, 

It's driving everyone crazy here.... And no one from ACT has any ideas whats causing it! Ran out of things to try....

Ian