Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anybody Using Endpoint 11?

Copper Contributor

Anybody Using Endpoint 11?

I just got a message from Symantec that they are upgrading SAV10 Corp. to Endpoint11.  We are entitled to the upgrade, and i have downloaded the software, but I am very leery of installing it.  It has a built in firewall and network monitoring tools.  Who knows what it will do to my ACT! server and workstations?  Has anyone upgraded to this version of Symantec with ACT!? 
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Anybody Using Endpoint 11?

I personally have not seen the new Endpoint software. However, one thing to keep in mind with any Antivirus/Firewall software, you need to have the ability to add exclusions. If it offers the option to add files/folders and ports to an exclusion list, typically ACT can function with it.

I have upgraded to Endpoint 11 and it has not interfered with Act premium however I am still running into problems migrating the servers to end point.  They have upgraded but not completely installed it seems.  Symantec issues but no Act issues.

Careful with putting SEP on servers. It causes my servers to randomly drop/refuse all connections until I reboot the server. This is a documented issue. =[