Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Any way to delete companies more than one record at a time?

Tuned Listener

Any way to delete companies more than one record at a time?

I'm trying to remove multiple company records due to a bad import.  I can multiple select these records in the company view, but there is no option to delete them.  I tried removing them from the company lookup option, still no luck.  A search in the help files under delete offers nothing. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Any way to delete companies more than one record at a time?

Unfortunately, this is not an option. It's ways good to do a backup before an import so that you can revert if there was a problem.

You might add a request for this feature by posting here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

If you need this function now, you can get this addon to do it - http://www.tnhg.com/prod/download/DeleteCompanyLookup.html
Tuned Listener

Thank you.  I definitely will, as this is a feature I think should be available.

Can I access through my sql instance?  I tried to log in Mgmt Studio.  The instructions say in the KB say the sa user name and password is Sage, but this doesn't seem to work.  I also tried using windows authentication, but it doesn't work either.

Thanks.

sunnydd wrote:
Can I access through my sql instance?  I tried to log in Mgmt Studio.  The instructions say in the KB say the sa user name and password is Sage, but this doesn't seem to work.  I also tried using windows authentication, but it doesn't work either.

For that, you need the SA Pass utility - http://www.act.com/products/large/cl/services/index.cfm/

But it's only allowed for read-only access and backups. You can't write to the ACT! database except via the SDK
Tuned Listener

I was interested and disappointed to find out that if we want to access the ACT data through Crystal Reports or a custom application, that we have to purchase the ACT Reader Utility.  I would have thought that this functionality would be included in the cost.  So in essence, I guess that you pay for the instance name and sa password. 

Actually, you can access most of the ACT! data from Crystal using the OLEDB interface without any additional cost
Copper Contributor

There must be a logical reason why, because it seems ridiculous that such a basic time saving feature as a multiple delete function is not part of a database program.

Nickel Elite Contributor

You can delete multiple contact records but not multiple company records.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

How do you delete multiple contacts....? I seem to only be able to delete one at a time

Nickel Elite Contributor

First create a lookup of the contacts you want to delete then go to Contacts | Delete Contact and use the Delete Lookup button in the dialog box.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com