Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Any considerations when installing 2013 ACT Premium on a new Server

Any considerations when installing 2013 ACT Premium on a new Server

Hi,

We are upgrading ACT from 2008 premium to 2013 premium.

The 2013 upgrade will be installed on a different server (server 2008) than where the older version of ACT is installed.   We have 5-7 users working off a sharted database.

I was wondering if we will have any problems if we install 2013 on the new server, convert a backup copy of the 2008 version and then test on a workstation while all the other users still use the old version.    Once we test it, we'll convert the latest copy and deploy the new version to all the other workstations.  

Is there any considerations when installing on a server to think about?   

Do I need to get my IT person involved or is this pretty straightforward? 

Does the mobile capabilites get installed automatically or is that an opiton?

Really appreciate anyone's help.

Tony

Silver Contributor

Re: Any considerations when installing 2013 ACT Premium on a new Server

I would not say that there are excessive "considerations" but because of it's mission critical nature, I don't take unnecessary chances with servers.  If you're not comfortable working around your server, I'd hire outside help preferable from an ACT Cerfified consultant.  Many of them are able to do the work remotely and esure that it's done properly.  There are a variety of mobile options.  if you mean ACT for Web or ACT premium mobile, you do need to make sure your firewall is configured for this type of traffic and that your server is configured with IIS and proper impersonation accounts for this type of installation.  

With that said, there is ample documentation available that should make this a relatively issue free event. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider