Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Android phone, Chrome browser, Java, and APFW

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Android phone, Chrome browser, Java, and APFW

After upgrading to 20.1 I tried to access APFW on my phone.  On the chrome browser page for APFW (android phone), the message box reads: "you must change your mobile device's browser settings and enable Javascript".  My browser settings indicate that Javascript is enabled but I still cannot sign on.  

Susan

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Android phone, Chrome browser, Java, and APFW

Make sure you clear your cookies and cache on your mobile browser, then try accessing again.
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Didn't work. I am unable to access APFW on my iPad with Safari - same message.
Highlighted
Administrator

Are you able to access your database from a non-mobile browser (on a PC), or do you get the same error?

Is your database hosted by yourselves, or is it an Act! Cloud database?

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no problem accessing my Database on a desktop PC. This issue occurs when attempting to sign on to Act! from my two mobile devices and my laptop.  My database is hosted on no-ip.org 

Highlighted
Administrator

Our KB mentions this particular error message cropping up on unsupported browsers.

I know you mentioned using Safari, the recommended browser for both Android and iOS is Google Chrome. You can download the Chrome browser from the app store, and it comes pre-installed on more new Android phones.

Could you try accessing your database with Chrome?
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

The browser I'm using on the phone is/has been Chrome. On my Apple iPad I tried Chrome and see the same error message. 

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

After a lengthy call with ACT! tech support it was determined I have a problem with a Static IP address.  I was told to contact my internet provider (Comcast) which I did.  After another lengthy call they checked and didn't see anything amiss.  I'm stymied so will have my tech guru work on it. All this is way above my head.

Highlighted
Administrator

Do you have any firewall/security systems in place on your network?

Would it be possible to test accessing your database over a mobile data connection - to rule out network issues.
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

I turned off WiFi so using the cellular data to connect. I get to my sign on screen but I evidently can't get the right Server Address URL or the Server Database Name which I'm asked for.  Ugh. 

Could this have something to do with port forwarding / Comcast?