Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

And the errors continue - anyone else seen this?

Copper Contributor

And the errors continue - anyone else seen this?

When trying to customize columns, you get the following --

Unable to cast object of type ‘Act.Shared.Windows.Form.FacadeBoolPropertyDescriptor’ to Act.Framework.MutableEntries.MutableEntityFieldDescriptor’

Even exiting and restarting Act doesnt solve the issue!

Bronze Contributor

Re: And the errors continue - anyone else seen this?

Yeh, I'm seeing this everywhere.

Luckily, Paul Marentette, fellow ACT! Consultant figured out that if you open the demo database, you can then reset the column list back to the standard settings and since that affects all databases, when you open your production database, you won't get the error message - they're caused by including Yes / No (aka Check boxes) in the column list.  Moral of the story?  Don't include any Check Boxes in the Contact List View.  Nice, huh?

Signature
Copper Contributor

I have gone to great pains to flag people in my database who have left their company and flagging those I dont/shouldnt send sales emails to - these are simply yes/no fields.

So when I do a lookup - I can immediately see who to "not" send emails to - quick sort by these fields, and then I have who to send to.

You can see how this works -- in terms to quick targetting. WIthout this feature - the software is all but unusuable.

Not being able to sort by these fields is one thing BUT when these yes/no fields are included in the lookup - the application disables the Lookup/Omit Select button.

Nice! Yeah! Very nice!

Especially, when Act is now a paper weight on my laptop!!!! Just occupying space with no use for it!!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

acters,
We certainly under the severity of this issue and anticipate it should be resolved in the next update for ACT! 2011. An update will be posted in this Community in our Knowledgebase when more information is available.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Super Contributor

You might try creating a dynamic group that includes the yes/no field as one of the criteria.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Platinum Elite Contributor

The following is less of an error but  GREAT ANNOYANCE - it was not like this in any other previous versions.

Any reasons why this is happening?

When you have a Group with subGroups - and you - for example, perform a Create Lookup with that Group - go to the the Contact List window - then return to the Group window, all the Groups collapse back to the topl level Groups and you have to go through the process again to get to the subGroups.

It is painful, annoying and, most important - WASTE A GREAT DEAL OF TIME.