Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I get this popup error when I try to do a mail merge to two or more people via "groups" or lookup.  If I send the same template to an individual contact it works fine having sent it to myself more than a few times.

My mail system worked great until our company did the version 11 upgrade and now we have multiple problems.  Although apparently I must be the only person in the world with this issue because our dedicated ACT! consultant said he has been trying to figure out what is wrong, but he can't find any information on it.

So, because an important part of my job requires the ability to send these letters out, I am going to this community on my own.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  If you need more information I will break my neck getting it to you.

Re: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

What OS and email system are you using?  Which version did you upgrade from?  If you're using ACT! with Outlook, are you using ACT! email or Outlook as the default email program?

Re: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

There was an upgrade done over the weekend that took care of my merge situation.  A sidenote; the emails I tried to send out were stacked up and they were sent one after another multiple times.  Oh well,  I just now need to discover who has gotten them and who hasn't as the names on the lists are dispensed by other people, I am essentially, the mail person.

The upgrade did get most of our issues taken care of with a couple new, interesting ones in their place.

Thank you for your follow-up