Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged into the database.

An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged into the database.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

My Windows XP had a bad crash last night and reset while ACT was open, and now I'm getting this error when loading:

An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged into the database. Please log into database first.

This happens with every database I try, including some I copied over a week ago, so the data itself is ok I'm sure.I'm also not able to create a new database at the moment, so something with permissions was thrown out of wack I guess, but I'm not sure what to do.

I've reason some other posts on this topic but I don't think they apply to me.

Is there anything I can fix/rebuild?

Much thanks.

G.

Message Edited by George Jefferson on 02-12-2009 11:10 AM

Re: An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged into the database.

What version of ACT! are you using?  Go to Start > Run > actdiag.  Then select Database > Database List.  Are your databases are listed as suspect.  Try the steps below.

- Go to the Start menu and select Run.  Type in actdiag and click Ok.

- Once ACT! Diagnostics comes up, select Database > Database List.

- Find the database you're trying to open in the list.

- Under the Status column, if the its listed as Suspect, please the follow the KB article below.

Error" "Cannot Access Specified Database..." and the Database is Listed as SUSPECT in the ACT! Diagn...

- If its not suspect, then right click the database and select Detach.

- Then browse the folder which the database is stored and delete the PAD file.

- Now open ACT! and open the database from with ADF file.

Re: An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged into the database.

I have the exact same problem. I have tried removing and reinstalling ACT and also followed the stepts here.

None of them have worked. What should I do next?

I had a very similar problem.  My Windows XP was having problems and I had to do a Repair Installation.  It solved the problem with XP but created a problem with ACT! 11 where I get the Error "An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged into the database. Please log into database first."

I tried the actdiag and detach solution and it did not work.

I created a test.adf database and it open fine everytime so ACT! seems to be working correctly.

I also reviewed all the other similar threads and could not find a solution.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MJP