02-12-2009 11:00 AM - edited 02-12-2009 11:10 AM
My Windows XP had a bad crash last night and reset while ACT was open, and now I'm getting this error when loading:
An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged into the database. Please log into database first.
This happens with every database I try, including some I copied over a week ago, so the data itself is ok I'm sure.I'm also not able to create a new database at the moment, so something with permissions was thrown out of wack I guess, but I'm not sure what to do.
I've reason some other posts on this topic but I don't think they apply to me.
Is there anything I can fix/rebuild?
02-16-2009 08:12 AM
What version of ACT! are you using? Go to Start > Run > actdiag. Then select Database > Database List. Are your databases are listed as suspect. Try the steps below.
- Go to the Start menu and select Run. Type in actdiag and click Ok.
- Once ACT! Diagnostics comes up, select Database > Database List.
- Find the database you're trying to open in the list.
- Under the Status column, if the its listed as Suspect, please the follow the KB article below.
- If its not suspect, then right click the database and select Detach.
- Then browse the folder which the database is stored and delete the PAD file.
- Now open ACT! and open the database from with ADF file.
06-12-2009 09:48 AM
I have the exact same problem. I have tried removing and reinstalling ACT and also followed the stepts here.
None of them have worked. What should I do next?
08-31-2009 08:03 AM
I had a very similar problem. My Windows XP was having problems and I had to do a Repair Installation. It solved the problem with XP but created a problem with ACT! 11 where I get the Error "An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged into the database. Please log into database first."
I tried the actdiag and detach solution and it did not work.
I created a test.adf database and it open fine everytime so ACT! seems to be working correctly.
I also reviewed all the other similar threads and could not find a solution. Any help would be appreciated.