Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

This is on a Vista (Business) notebook, ACT! Premium EX 2009/11.  The User is set up as a local administrator on the computer.  What is happening here is that the ACT! log in screen is flashing open then the message above pops up.  If I log on to the notebook as the Administrator, I don't have any problems.  But this isn't a solution.  I suspect it is related to some Vista security option, but it has me stumped.

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mcm59
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

Yes, it could be a corrupted profile.  Try disabling UAC with the current login and see if ACT! will open.  If not, when you'll have to create a new profile.

How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Re: An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to the database.

More info:  I have just tried logging on to the computer as another network user (not a local computer user) & no problems.  Does this suggest a corrupted profile maybe?
Solution
Accepted by topic author mcm59
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Yes, it could be a corrupted profile.  Try disabling UAC with the current login and see if ACT! will open.  If not, when you'll have to create a new profile.

How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®

Copper Contributor

Thanks for that.  Yes, recreating the user's profile solved the problem.