Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Amending auto created history when creating/ changing an Opportunity

Amending auto created history when creating/ changing an Opportunity

We are currently using ACT Premium v19.2

When I create an opportunity it records a history as follows:- 

"A new opportunity called  was created on 09/02/2018 13:01:08",  is there any way I can get it to insert the Opportunity Name after "called".  ie how can I amend the automatically recorded history?

Likewise I would be able to create an an automatically created history if an Opportunity Name is amended.  Can this be done?

Anyone able to help.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Amending auto created history when creating/ changing an Opportunity

By default the opportunity name field does track changes, this means whenever the name is changed a history entry should be created.

If this has been disabled on your database you can re-enable history tracking in Tools > Define Fields, select the Opportunity Name field and Edit Field. On the first page is the option to track changes.

When a new opportunity is created the history entry should already have the name of the opportunity in it. For example, I've just created one and the history reads:
A new opportunity called New Opportunity was created on 09/02/2018 14:56:44

It's strange that it's not inserting the name for you, because by default the Opportunity Name field should at the least have a "default value" of "New Opportunity". Again this can be customised in Define Fields, so it may be that it has been blanked out?

I'd definitely recommend checking out the Opportunity Name field and see what settings are applied.

As far as I'm aware though, there's no way to customise the history message though - it's set by the system.

Hi,

thanks for this.  The "Generate History" check box wasn't selected for the field.  Now I've change it the name is inserted in the history when creating the Opportunity and it records any subsequent changes. 

Administrator

Glad to hear, sounds like a bit of a quirk in the behaviour of the history generated when an opportunity is created. I'll feed this back to the devs.