Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

'Allow history creation for emails...' option in Preferences is Not Working in v20.1.120.0, Update 3

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

'Allow history creation for emails...' option in Preferences is Not Working in v20.1.120.0, Update 3

We have never wanted emails sent to other My Record users to be attached to those users, and even though we don't have the box checked for 'Allow history creation for emails...' in the Admin tab, those emails are being attached to other My Record users.  Why this option has always been defaulted to 'ON' is beyond my comprehension.  Now, every email that our company send and copies anyone within our company, is now being attached to those My Record users, and until you fix this problem, this issue is going to contaminate our My Record contacts with all these unwanted emails.  I hope you fix this soon, because this is something that will not easily be corrected on our end, and the longer you take to fix it, the more time consuming it will be for us to remove the My Record users from those emails.  Please make this a priority item for your programming team.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
‎04-23-2018 02:11 AM
Employee

Re: 'Allow history creation for emails...' option in Preferences is Not Working in v20.1.120.0, Update 3

This issue has been resolved in 20.1 Update 4.  This update was released today.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Re: 'Allow history creation for emails...' option in Preferences is Not Working in v20.1.120.0, Update 3

In Tools / Preferences / Email setup step 6 of 8, cant you check to "Exclude My Record" from history?

Also under Tools / Preferences / Admin tab you can uncheck to "Allow History Creation for emails sent from a user of this database to another user"

One caveat... make sure that any specific company user's email address does not occur in any other non-user Contact record or it will be recorded there.

This worked for me.

Phoenix, AZ
4 user Act 2011HF5
W7 (32&64) on a W7-64 "Server"
Outlook 2003 and 2007
Copper Contributor

Thanks, tjyak50!  I never thought of the Exclude My Record option in the Email setup.  I'm going to try that now.

Copper Contributor

As a follow-up to tjyak50's suggestions, I tried adding a check to the box for 'Exclude My Record from history' in page 6 of 8 of the E-mail System Setup and, as I suspected, it doesn't attach emails to my History, but it still attaches emails to my coworkers' Histories, which we do not want.  Regarding the other suggestion, I mentioned in my original post that the 'Allow history creation for e-mails sent from a user of this database to another user' in the Admin tab of the Preferences is not working at all, so no matter what you set it to, it still attaches emails to My Record users.

The only way I can see correcting this is to fix the option under the Admin tab so that it works again.  It worked fine before the v20.1 update.

Copper Contributor

And those other people are "User" of the DB? 

And their emails do not appear in any other non "USER" record?

Phoenix, AZ
4 user Act 2011HF5
W7 (32&64) on a W7-64 "Server"
Outlook 2003 and 2007
Copper Contributor

That is correct.  This feature worked perfectly until Monday morning of last week when we updated to v20.1 Update 3.

Administrator

Thanks for raising this, I've escalated this for further testing as I was able to replicate the issue. Hopefully our tech team will come back with more info soon - I'll keep this thread updated as soon as I find out more.
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
‎04-23-2018 02:11 AM
Employee

This issue has been resolved in 20.1 Update 4.  This update was released today.