Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

All Fields Don't Link When Creating Contact From Company

Copper Contributor

All Fields Don't Link When Creating Contact From Company

Using ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1

I have gone thru the fields, and linked all similar fields between the Company database, and the Contact database...when I Create Contact From Company, only the name and address/city/state/zip fields popluate when the new Contact is created.

I can get all of the linked fields in the Company Detail to populate the created contact when I click on Update Linked Clients from the Company Detail window...BUT...I would like to know how to get ALL linked fields to populate in the new contact when it is created?

Thanks for your help!

Copper Contributor

Re: All Fields Don't Link When Creating Contact From Company

According to the Knowledge Base...this issue was "solved" with the Hotfix. But I assure you, it has not been solved!

Here is the posting on the Knowledge Base...

"Linked Fields Between Contacts and Companies Are Not Updating Properly

Question:   You have setup linked fields between Companies and Contacts. You find when you perform an update of the linked fields, some of the linked fields are not updated.

Answer :  This will occur because of an issue that prevents fields in a spillover table from updating from company fields. When fields are created, they are added to a table. When a table reaches its maximize size, a new (spillover) table is created. Customers who are have numerous custom fields are more likely to experience this. This issue affects ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0.2), (10.0.3) and ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0).

Note: This issue has been resolved in the latest update to ACT! 2009.

Please use the following Knowledgebase Answer for instructions on how to update to the latest service pack of ACT!:

How to Download and Apply the ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.1) Service Pack
Answer ID: 23642"

I have Hotfix 4 installed, AND I have a lot of fields too...but some of my fields from the company to the contact, are not updating...any ideas?

Thanks!