Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alexa - Ask Act! - Token Error

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Alexa - Ask Act! - Token Error

[ Edited ]

I've tried setting up the Ask Act Alexa skill, and I'm getting this error: "Aquire Alexa Token Error: BadRequest".  This same error occurs with 2 different databases.

I'm using Alexa App client version 1.24.3086.0; Bridge version 2.2.317.13  on a Galaxy S8 with Android version 7.0.  Each Act database I've tested is on a different server running Act! v20. Both are  running Version 20.0.159.0, Update 4

2017-11-20.png

Wendy Cummins
ACT! Certified Consultant
Patricia Egen Consulting

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author WCummins
2 weeks ago
Administrator

Re: Alexa - Ask Act! - Token Error

I can confirm that on my test database, the password "password" - all lowercase, no special characters - definitely worked.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

Amazon has not made its Alexa service compatible with Samsung products
Best to use an Amazon device, such as Amazon Echo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Alexa#Supported_devices

Copper Contributor

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post.  I am using the Alexa App on my phone to add and configure the skill, but not to use it.  I have an Echo Show.

After receiving your response, I went online to my Amazon.com account, searched/found the skill and attempted to link my account.  I received the same error.

Capture.PNG

Wendy Cummins
Patricia Egen Consulting
Administrator

Hi Wendy,

Do you currently have a password configured for the user you are logging in with?

Also bear in mind that the database name is case sensitive.

Are you able to use the API successfully with other features? For example can you access the database via the Act! companion app?
Copper Contributor

Yes, I have a password.

Yes, I'm using the proper case.

Yes, these are the same credentials that I use for Act! companion with no problem.

And, this is happening with more than 1 set of credentials. I have also tried it with credentials for a database located on a different server, and I'm getting the same results.

Wendy Cummins
Patricia Egen Consulting
Administrator

We've had a couple of reports of this behaviour now - so we're looking in to whats causing it.

It does look like an issue on the API end, but we're not sure what the cause is just yet. We've even replicated the issue on one machine in the office.

I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.
Administrator

Hi Wendy,

This may sound odd, but can you ensure the Act! password you are using is longer than 6 characters. I had this issue from multiple databases in setting up an Echo Show today, and it resolved it for me.

Let me know if this helps and we'll ensure it's made clear on the setup steps.

Regards,

Stuart

Copper Contributor

For one of my test cases, the password is 9 characters, and for the other it's only 5.  I will try changing the one that is 5 to see if that makes it work.  Do you have recommendations on using lower case/upper case / symbols / numbers  in the password that might help?  For the password that is 9 characters I don't have any upper case or symbols. Do you think that could be the issue?

Wendy Cummins
Patricia Egen Consulting
Solution
Accepted by topic author WCummins
2 weeks ago
Administrator

I can confirm that on my test database, the password "password" - all lowercase, no special characters - definitely worked.
Copper Super Contributor

After 2 months of try to beta test and hours of tech support from inside people at Swiftpage, not once did anyone ask if my password was at least 6 characters. Incidentally, it isn't...or wasn't...for nearly 2 months I've been getting the aquire token error...with the misspelling that no one cares to correct. I saw this this morning, changed my password to more than 5 characters, which it was, and now it works.

Ron Madara, ACC, APT

BrainSell Technologies.
(201) 853-9317