Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

After import can't sync

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

After import can't sync

We have 4 different databases that we are putting into one. I did one group so far and setup remote users with no issues. Tried to import second database and now users can't sync. Helpdesk tells me the import is messing up the schema. Said to only import txt file. However that will not work because we need the notes to transfer also. We are going from Act 6.0 to Act 10.0 Premium.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author wdbucur
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: After import can't sync

I'm not sure about the "messing up schema" part...

What I would do is FIRST lay the ground work to consolidate your four 6.0 databases into one 10.0 database.  Then run Tools>Database Maintenace with both options checked.

Then I would enable Sync and begin cutting Remote databases.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author wdbucur
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

I'm not sure about the "messing up schema" part...

What I would do is FIRST lay the ground work to consolidate your four 6.0 databases into one 10.0 database.  Then run Tools>Database Maintenace with both options checked.

Then I would enable Sync and begin cutting Remote databases.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Copper Contributor

We finally created the database and it has been running for a while now. Here is the problem with syncing. I have 60 users that sync. Ever so often I will get a call that a user can not sync. Sync timed out..... Have called support worked through all fixes and the only thing that fixes that user is to recreate there remote database. How can the sync break for one but not all???? When you look at there sync log it is still failing on whee it reads checking schema.