Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

After SP1 in Act 2011 - Act is slow again

Copper Contributor

After SP1 in Act 2011 - Act is slow again

Is anyone else having this issue?  After installing SP1 w the Hotfix, my Act 2011 Premium is slowing down again.  Very noticable when clearing or reschduling tasks and appointments, Act will hang for a good 5-10 seconds almost every time.

Running Win 7 also with SP1

3 GB Ram

2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo

Re: After SP1 in Act 2011 - Act is slow again

Noticing the same thing here.  Just updated to SP1 and hotfix 1, now when clearing an activity, it takes about 10 seconds for the popup box to close, then going back to task list takes another 5.  Before this update was applied it was click and go, not it is so frustrating.  Also, cant seem to find anything on it! (other than, check your hardware, must be bad or slow hardware!)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello polarb68111,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. You may be able to resolve this issue by applying Hot Fix 5. This hot fix is cumulative of hot fixes 1-5. Please see this Knowledgebase article for more information and download instructions:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2744...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

Actually, I went the to properties and check run as administrator, everything went back to normal speeds.

Edit: Looks like I spoke to soon.  Also in regardings to the latest hotfix, it doesnt sound like fun.  "Heres a hotfix that could potential screw up everything"  Guess I will wait for a hot fix that works 100% instead of 98%