Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advanced query not working

Advanced query not working

We have created an advanced query at our corporate office that we want our remote users to be able to run.  They all connect via VPN to sync.  After they complete their sync the query file appears on their machines with a file size of 0 Kb.  I noticed the same problem in the post on this board titled "Advanced Query Error".  Their solution didn't help me.  We even went so far as to email the query file from the server to the users to save in their query folder.  When they try to run the query they get this message;

"The query you are opening contains one or more fields which may have been deleted or to which you do not have access"

Is this due to the fact that all the remote users are using remote databases and the query was created to run against the server (main) database?  If so, how can we work around that?  By the way, all users are running ACT Premium 2008 (ST Edition) Version 10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Advanced query not working

Not sure if it's related, but there were sync issues with 10.0.0. You should upgrade to 10.0.3 - it needs to be done on ALL machines and sync server if using one.

See this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/62j4y3

I'll try that.  Thanks.  Do you know if the update includes the network sync service update or is it separate?
Platinum Elite Contributor

OK.  Thanks again.