Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advanced Query of Companies & Contacts

Advanced Query of Companies & Contacts

Sage,

Why can't we search for fields we have in Companies & Contacts in the same query using Advanced Query in 2012?

You would think this would be FIXED by now considering its been this way since Companies had been introduced.

Same with Oppertunities.  

Re: Advanced Query of Companies & Contacts

Anyone who would also like this fixed please reply. This is the only way SAGE will take an interest it seems.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Working as designed, there's nothing to fix. Consider making a feature request for a future version.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Are you serious?  WOW !  We have been using ACT since the 90's. The break out of Companies from Contacts introduced this issue, we have to link ACCESS to SQL to return the results. Having to do so id say ACT is broken.    

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm serious, it's working as designed. The queries are basically single entity queries and you're talking about having the query involve multiple entities.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

"Roy Laudenslager"  Are you authorized by SAGE to speak on their behalf?

I was told by SAGE to post this and they would respond. They haven't. Its a well know issue that LOTS of people complain about since the break out of Company from Contacts. I find it commical you're defending this being you have "used ACT for SOOOOO Long" and are a Certified ACT professional. 

FYI : A real Company has LOTS of custom fields. They have web sites talking to ACT at the Company & Contact level, they have Accounting systems talking to ACT at the Company & Contact level. Not being able to look up a field because its in the CONTACTS and another is in the COMPANY is stupid. Some fields AREN'T at the Company level but in the Contact level and vise versa.  ACT introduced this issue when breaking out COMPANYS from CONTACTS ! 

When testing SugarCRM, SplendidCRM, SalesForce, even Microsoft'sCRM all allow you to Query what you want.  ACT is the only product that i know of that doesn't.  You somehow feel this is acceptable.

Platinum Super Contributor

Roy is correct, this is functioning as designed.  To submit this for consideration as a feature enhancement, please post in the Share Your Ideas forum.  Ideas can be voted (kudos) and commented on within that forum. 

Greg Martin
Sage