Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Advanced Queries and Groups

Advanced Queries and Groups

Hi All:

I've been playing around with advanced queries and groups.  I was hoping to build a group based on company criteria.  When I create an advanced query using company criteria, the query is saved as CRY file.  When I attempt to build a dynamic group based on my company query, it isn't available to select from.  I tested this by creating a contact query, which has the extension QRY.  The contact queries are available for building dynamic groups, but the company queries don't appear to be available. 

Is this the default behavior?  If so, what is the purpose of having company queries?  If I can't build a group using a company query, is there any functionality I can use in the UI to take advantage of company queries? 

Thanks.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Advanced Queries and Groups

Both the groups table and companies table are derivatives of the contact table. For that reason, you can use a contact query for a dynamic group but not a company query. You could create the group based on the company field in the contact table.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Re: Advanced Queries and Groups

Thanks for your response.  I'm having trouble finding the value of company queries.  Can they only be run from the Advanced Query option?  Is there any other way to have users run saved queries for companies?