Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Administrator licensing

Administrator licensing

Hi,

I'm an IT admin and I have been tasked with setting up ACT! 2012 Premium server. I successfully set it up and tested synchronization, all works well.

My problem is that when I login to create remote databases for users I end up taking up a license. To my understanding the server doesn't actually use a license as long as nobody uses ACT directly on that server. Personally, I don't use ACT I only administer it's availability to my users. What can I do to avoid using up a license? We currently have 5 user licenses available, and 5 users need acess (I would be the 6th). Needless to say - me using a license is not a favorable outcome.

Please advise

Thanks,

TV

Silver Contributor

Re: Administrator licensing

Your only options is to "share" the loging of one of your users and make that person an administrator, or purchase a license.

I hear what you are saying, it's a feature request many of us have heard.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello TV,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The number of licenses dictates the number of active users in the database. When logging into the database on the server, you will log in as one of the currently active Administrator-level databases users.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for quick responses. Currently I am configured to be the only administrator-level user, the other 2 are managers and the rest have only the browsing permissions.  I can't elevate the browsing users and I can't let the manager users have rights to mess with the databases directly.

Sounds like my only option is to upgrade one of our ACT! 2011 user licenses.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

TV