Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Additional info re: KB360024259334

Highlighted
New Member
Posts: 42
Country: United States

Additional info re: KB360024259334

KB360024259334 helps with regedits when downgrading MS Office versions producing that specific error message.  I just upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 2013 but installed 64bit first, only to discover only 32bit worked with my Act!v16 so I uninstalled 64bit and installed 32bit. Everything seems to work fine except my Word, when merging docs is giving off the error message when I try to access my .adt template files and I don't know what regedits to make to fix. Screenshot attached.

 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Posts: 22
Country: USA

Re: Additional info re: KB360024259334

The suggested registry edits did not work for me, I had to do Step 3 in this article:

 

https://webmakers.co.nz/interface-not-registered-exception-from-hresult-0x80040155-microsoft-office-...

 

Step 3 is what did it – please see the attached screenshots for the commands I ran after downloading regtlibv12.exe that fixed the problem (for Outlook, Word, and Excel) .

 

Highlighted
New Member
Posts: 42
Country: United States

Re: Additional info re: KB360024259334

Melissa, I'm getting:  failed : 8002801c  when trying the Word repair.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Posts: 22
Country: USA

Re: Additional info re: KB360024259334

Maybe make sure you're running CMD as Administrator?

 

 

Highlighted
New Member
Posts: 42
Country: United States

Re: Additional info re: KB360024259334

[ Edited ]

Yes, I was logged in as administrator.  So I finally got everything registered per your instructions and still can't merge any of my Word adt templates.  FINALLY saw the 'RPC server is unavailable' reference at the end of the error message and went into Services and started that and now everything is working fine. 

Highlighted
New Member
Posts: 42
Country: United States

Re: Additional info re: KB360024259334

Melissa, just an update .. if you look at the actual error message above it's different from the one I was referencing in the KB .. once I figured it out it was a simple change on the Load Behavior for the Word/Act! addin in the registry:  https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024421353  Finally fixed for good!