Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding related party contact information from another contact record

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Adding related party contact information from another contact record

I am a mortgage loan officer.  I have contacts setup for my borrowers and related parties, like the title companies and Realtors.   Suppose I have a borrower contact record named "Tom Jones."  In that contact record, I have fields set up that show for example, the Realtor he is working with: their name, company, phone number etc.  Many of the Realtors I work with are also contacts in my database.  - Is there a way to link a contact Realtor's info into my borrower's record, so I don't have to key it in every time, since the Realtor is a contact within the database?

Thank you-

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddamron
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Adding related party contact information from another contact record

Look at the relationships tab in ACT 2010 as this will relate two different contacts and allow you to track for example which agent was used for a particular loan.  Also, with a little more effort, the company view could be utilized for such a purpose.

As an alternative, we have created a customized ACT database for Mortgage professionals called High Trust for ACT.  These and other features are programmed for a 4 way approach  to contact management. Borrowers, Vendors, Referral partners and your team. www.HighTrustforACT.com

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddamron
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Look at the relationships tab in ACT 2010 as this will relate two different contacts and allow you to track for example which agent was used for a particular loan.  Also, with a little more effort, the company view could be utilized for such a purpose.

As an alternative, we have created a customized ACT database for Mortgage professionals called High Trust for ACT.  These and other features are programmed for a 4 way approach  to contact management. Borrowers, Vendors, Referral partners and your team. www.HighTrustforACT.com

(866)710 4228

Copper Contributor

Thanks Jon.  I was using my own layout from a previous version and the relationships tab was not on it. 

Next question would be:  Is it possible to insert fields into a document template from the "relationship contact?"

Thanks very much.

Silver Contributor

No it is not. Only fields on the contact view can be "mail merged"

(866)710 4228

Tuned Listener

Is there any documentation explaining how the Related to Another Contact feature works?

joe