Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding products to opportunities does not work anymore

Tuned Listener

Adding products to opportunities does not work anymore

We are trying to add products to certain opportunities, and after selecting and pricing said products, they just don't even show up in the products/service tab anymore

Our calculation field goes to 0,00$, and the product doesn't show up as we never added it to the opportunity

It worked 2 days ago, what happened ?
Tuned Listener

Re: Adding products to opportunities does not work anymore

I'm reading something about this in the SP1 patch notes, i'm guessing that would fix our problem

However, the cost field as always been there
Tuned Listener

ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

this is our current version... so i'm guessing we do HAVE SP1 installed already

why is this problem still happening?
Tuned Listener

Bump, I've installed ACT! for another User, and on his PC we are actually able to add products, on mine and my coworkers, we can't

I checked all regional settings and everything is the same, what could be causing this ?
Platinum Super Contributor

Are you all accessing the same database?  If you are, then the issue is specific to your installs of Act!, not an issue with the database itself (because it works on one computer).

Yes, according to your build number - you do have the SP1 update applied. 

You mention that it was working at one point and then you started seeing this behavior.  Do you know if the update (SP1) was applied between the two?  Do you recall any other changes that may have taken place between the time it worked and then stopped?

If the difference is that your workstations were 'updated' to SP1 while the new computer was installed with a full copy of Act! that already included the update, an uninstall and reinstall of Act! on your computer (with the full copy) may resolve the issue.

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Yes we are all accessing the same server based database

The change in behavior happened overnight, one day it was working fine, the next morning both users couldnt add products to opportunities

SP1 was NOT applied during the change of behavior, it was applied on the original install, 2 months ago

The install that allows products to be added was up and running at the same time as the other 2 problematic installs...

There is a known issue with the Products tab when the 'Cost' column is not present.  Look at the Products tab and if 'Cost' is not in the view it can be added through the View > Customize Columns option.  You can use the 'Reset' button to put them back to default.  This was addressed with the SP1 update but it is worth checking.

If the Cost column fix does not resolve this, test this functionality in the Act Demo database (or create a new database).  If it does not work in the Demo database, try recreating your Act! Preference files (Rebuild Act! Preferences - use the Manually Delete Act! Preferences section).

If that doesn't resolve the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Act! program.

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

try every fix suggested, nothing works... i'm having our technician reinstall the application...

This is not very reassuring considering we bought the application less than 3 months ago and we already have major bugs that require a reinstall

Where can I officially report this, since it's suposed to have been fixed in the last patch.... ?

Can you let us know what happens with the reinstall?  If we need to, we can report the issue from here.

Thanks

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Will do, it is being reinstalled as we speak

2 of our users are having the problem, the others are not... very weird

Thanks for your help, will keep you posted