Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding phone numbers to records in group from the rest of the database where company name and country match up

Adding phone numbers to records in group from the rest of the database where company name and country match up

Dear ACT Community

Hello again - please could you advise me on whether there is a simple way to do the above?  We have 2165 records that have been imported but none of them have a phone no.  I think some of this data at least exists elsewhere in the database.but both the company name and country would need to match.  Or is the best way of doing it to remove these records and re-import them but ask our IT dept to run the import in a slightly differnet way?  From memory, I think you used to be able to set various options when importing but very few people now havw the right to import so I'm in their hands.  Thanks very much for all and any advice.  Clareysage

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Adding phone numbers to records in group from the rest of the database where company name and country match up

Just have your IT people reimport the phone numbers matching on Company and Country.  They don't need to delete anything.  Basically they set up duplicate matching on Company and Phone number before they do the import and in the import file they just have 3 fields.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!