Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding files to documents tab and record in history

Adding files to documents tab and record in history

I have a little experience in ACT and support the IT for my client. They are telling me that the recent upgrade from 2011 to 2013 has removed the ability of them to save files in the documents tab and have it recorded in the history. I spoke to swiftpage and they have said that this feature does not and has not existed previously.

My client in adamant that this was possible prior to the upgrade but I don't have a 2011 version to test the feature being there. Can someone shed light on this as to whether this has been possible. I have got to say that it seems mad that the feature is not there especially when the document is stored with its modified date so you add a file from 2008 today and it will always show as 2008 and you have no way of knowing when it was relevant and added today for example. Also the deletion of a file would also make sense to be recorded. More interested in the general history item though and I appreciate any help you can give.

Copper Contributor

Re: Adding files to documents tab and record in history

From what I just tested (Premium 2012 HF6), if you attach a file in history tab, it's there and recorded. If you attach a file to the documents tab, it does not record in history.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Adding files to documents tab and NOT recording that document in history

I think this is something that has changed and needs to be sorted out asap.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Re: Adding files to documents tab and NOT recording that document in history

thanks for coming back to me on this. My customer was adamant that they had been doing this constantly and therefore I was surprised when support were saying that the feature was not possible in current version and had not been in place previously. Left me wondering if my client had lost the plot to be honest and having to have a difficult conversation.

Client has upgraded from 2011 to 2013 and has lost some crucial functionality (to them) by the looks of it.