Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding files and attachments in ACT

Copper Contributor

Adding files and attachments in ACT

We are using Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3

I'd like to know if there is an easy way to ‘drag and drop’ attachments and files into ACT.  We would really like to be able to drag attachments from an Outlook email and drop them onto the documents tab page in ACT.  This would be convenient to add copies of quotes to contacts.  The only way that I know to do it now is to save the attachment somewhere as a file then go into the ACT contact click the ‘Add a document button’ under the Documents Tab at the bottom of the page and locate the file in the previously saved location and select it from there.  It would be so much easier if you could just open the Documents Tab and ‘drag and drop’ the document in there. Many of our employees use ACT for web. Is this a possibility?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Adding files and attachments in ACT

You can already drag and drop documents to the documents tab.  I don't think it works in Act! for Web but it works in the desktop version.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Administrator

Re: Adding files and attachments in ACT

As Stan has said, you can drag and drop files into the documents tab on the desktop version, however you can't do this for email attachments directly from Outlook as they aren't technically files on your pc until you download and save them. You can however use quick attach from the Act outlook addon to record attachments.