Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding field to Opportunity List View

Adding field to Opportunity List View

Hi There,

Specs: Using Sage Act! Premium 2011

Problem:

I recently added a field to the contact view.

When I go to opportunities - List view, customise columns, I am unable to choose this new field, even though it has the contact and company fields in there.

This may be an easy fix, but I am not to good at ACT!

Nickel Contributor

Re: Adding field to Opportunity List View

You can't add any contact field you want in the opportunity listview, just contact name and company. You can in the contact listview pbviously but not in the opp listview.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy
JM
Nickel Contributor

I recently came up with a Opportunity List view solution to view Contact record fields.  Using Exponenciel.com Copy Data Between records add-on and creating the same fields in Contact Table into Oppt. Table, and update your Oppt. Layout.  How you use the add-on you would design the layout by adding in Oppt. Detail a CopyData window that you map the Contact fields to the Oppt. fields.  To be brief, save the layout and open contact record, create Oppt. Record that layout will show the Copydata box that you can click on to have all the values in Contact fields copied over to Oppt. record.  This will allow you to add to Oppt List view those fields.  Remember this is a Static value in Oppt.  So if you change in Contact record a value(s) you need to open the Oppt record and right-click on the Copydata window to do Update. 

In my special DB needs I also use CopyData to copy one Contact Record group of fields into multiple Contact records in my list view rather than type the same info for each field for each record.  With a preferences setting in CopyData you could even have it auto copy from one record into many records in one right-click after you define in ACT2010-2011 Relationships.  In my case I define one Contact as Primary record for a quote number field or what-ever that will get sent to several other Secondary Contact records.

JM