Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding a new field

Adding a new field

Can I add a new field to the layout of my database?  I want a field that can take multiple answers, then later be able to make groups based on containing one of possibly multiple answers in the field.  Can someone walk me through how to do this?

Thanks.

I'm using 10.0
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Adding a new field

To add a new field to the layout follow this artilce
To create a field with multiple answers/dropdown in act follow this artilce

Wow!  Thannks so much for that quick reponse.  Any chance you know the answer to my question on importing that I posted yesterday that hasn't gotten any responses?  Smiley Wink
Copper Elite Contributor

let me check that

That article is ridiculously confusing.  Is there any chance you can break it down a little easier for us very new users who need to add fields?
Copper Contributor

Which article do you mean?

Copper Super Contributor

sniland wrote:
That article is ridiculously confusing.  Is there any chance you can break it down a little easier for us very new users who need to add fields?

Just focus on the first page or two of the article (the first 25%).  When the article starts going into Properties, those are much more advanced features.  If you want the text in your fields to be a different font or color, you can make those changes, but it's not necessary for most users.