Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding a New Field with an Action

Adding a New Field with an Action

Hello all.  I am adding a new field that I would like to associate with the e-mail address.  It's a yes/no field that I would like to use to prevent the e-mail address from being entered.  Does anyone know if there is a way to do "disable" the e-mail address if the new field is checked?  At the very least, can I pop up a message that says "do not enter an e-mail address"?

The reason I want to do this is because we periodically send out e-mails to a large group of clients.  But some of these people do not want to recieve our regular e-mails, but wish to remain as a contact.  Another other ideas on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated (besides having to qualify the lookup everytime with the new field).

Thanks.

Paul.

Paul Piedra
Sabre Realty Group, LLC
www.SabreRealtyGroup.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Adding a New Field with an Action

Without some kind of custom addon, that wouldn't be possible. But here's a thought, Add the check box field and then decide if checked or unchecked means don't send an email. Then create a group with dynamic membership based on the check box field so the group would include only those willing to accept emails and do your emails based on that group. That way it wouldn't make any difference is the email filed had an email address or not.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Adding a New Field with an Action

If you are doing a lot of emails and sending many contacts, a better approach might be to use Swiftpage.  This will integrate with Act!, let you use your groups and then also enforce opt outs for you, so even if you inadvertently mail to someone who had opted out, Swiftpage will not send.

Food for thought...