03-03-2017 10:44 AM - edited 03-04-2017 06:14 AM
when I add a note to a contact the note box accepts my typed message, but does not pop up the box for spell check and subsequently add the message into the proper field.
I received this message: OnClientCommandExecuting Error:showModalDialog is not defined
I now realize that it will not 'edit' or 'delete' notes either. It only opens the window but doesn't accept commands.
03-04-2017 01:25 AM - edited 03-04-2017 09:46 AM
If adding notes to multiple contacts you need to enable a spell check each time but it is very easy.
When you have created your note look just above the note area and there are 3 small icons. The third one is marked ABC and has a tick icon.
Just click on this when you have written your note and it will spell check the contents. Correct and the click OK.
I see you have added with an edit to the message above so my reply is not now relevant.
03-04-2017 06:03 AM
When trying to add a note I got this message.................. please help!
The spellchecker has not been found.
Please ensure that you have a compatible RadSpell.dll assembly in your web application's bin folder
Error message: GetRadSpell is not defined
03-05-2017 01:18 AM - edited 03-06-2017 03:26 AM
Next questions -
Just to confirm that you are accessing over the internet.
As this is via Internet are you using IE in compatibility mode, Made a trusted Site and Allowing pop-ups.
What happens in ACT preferences - Spelling if you try and add a word via Modify?
Is anyone else having this problem.
03-05-2017 07:17 AM
My assistant also uses the ACT program via the web.................. we are accessing the same ACT and she is not having any of these problems with 'notes' or spelling! So It is specific to my program.
Recent changes: .... about a month ago my assistant discontinue Outlook from my iPhone and computer........ could that have affected my ACT program? . Only other change is I added Office 365 and still have Microsoft 2003 on my computer. (I actually remover the Microsoft, but lost all my docs in the process so I did a 'recovery' to get all that back.)
03-06-2017 03:42 AM
I don't believe this issue is linked to Outlook or Microsoft Office usage.
Can you confirm that both you and your assistant are accessing the same database in Act!, and are using the same URL?
I would suggest trying to log in with your username on your assistants PC to test if the issue also occurs there.
For the web browser you are using to access the database, I would suggest following ch1p's advice, and make sure that Internet Explorer is set to display the database in compatibility mode, and the URL is added to trusted sites.
03-06-2017 10:02 AM
Really good suggestions for me to try. When my assistant logs in using my user name it works just fine on her computer. It was only then that I noticed that the symbol for trusted site in the address associated with my ACT account has a red line through the symbol. Somehow my ACT has gotten off of its Trusted site and perhaps that is the reason that the buttons to add information do not work. Please advise how to get it moved to a trusted site ..... I use Foxfire as a browser.